Yoga Retreat on the island of Madeira
Yoga , Ashtanga Yoga
Portugal - Madeira
- Personal yoga-classes for your yoga improvement
- Ayurveda-Resort with beautiful sea-view
- Delicious ayurveda full board
- Enchanting island of Madeira with many excursion- and activity possibilities
Yoga holidays with plenty of options for your island timeout.
Start your day with 90 minutes of vitalising yoga (on three days qi gong instead of yoga). There is nothing better.
Afterwards you enjoy the delicous breakfast buffet. That's a nice way to start the day.
Who fancies explores the beautiful island. Whether you do that on foot on some hiking tours or on a bicycle is down to you. Nature and wildlife are extraordinary. Nixies may stay by the impressive Atlantic sea, which offers constant water temperatures between 18 and 24 degrees celsius all year round, and watch out for dolphins and whales - often seen around in the bay. If you wish to get pampered visit the spacious spa area (400 sqm).
In the late afternoon you enjoy your personal yoga session (60-70 min.) which is fully adapted to your personal needs and wishes. A good chance for coaching, questions or intense practising.
Info: 1 Yoga/Qi Gong moring-group session and 1 personal yoga lesson in the afternoon per person and day included. If you travel with your partner or a friend please inform us if you want to join the yoga session together or alone.
Another highlight of your stay is the delicious, healthy Ayurvedic full board which you will enjoy, sea view included.
Enrich your yoga holidays with pampering Ayurveda treatments. The following package can be booked in addition:
- Constitution analysis / anamnesis through Dr. Gopal (Ayurveda doctor) (60 min.)
- 4 Ayurveda treatments according to your personal needs (á 45-60 min.)
- 1 Ayurveda workshop with Dr. Gopal (60 min.)
- 1 Personal Coaching in terms of diet and lifestyle with Dr. Gopal (60 min.)
- 7 nights at Alpino Atlantico Hotel
- Ayurvedic full board
- Yoga package (6 x 90 min. Yoga/Qigong in the mornings and 6 x Yoga private lessons in the afternoons (60 min.))
- Participate in free activities of the resort (e.g. Pilates, Cycling etc.)
- Free usage of spacious Spa and Gym area
- Transfer from/to Funchal airport
Hotel Alpino Atlantico on the island of Madeira
The Galo Resort Hotel Alpino Atlantico lies directly at the beach, on some little cliffs, overlooking the impressive blue atlantic sea. The airport of Funchal is about 8 km and the next village about 2,5 km away. The resort is located in one of the most beautiful bays of the island. Via staircase or elevator you directly reach the bay, which is protected from strong waves by lava stones. Enjoy a swim in the atlantic with best water quality (all year round between 18 to 24 degrees warm).
All 24 rooms and 3 suites of the Boutique Hotel have ocean view - with a little luck you can even watch dolphins in the bay. Enjoy the soothing sound of the sea and the fresh and clean sea breeze as much as the pleasant tranquillity. The newly renovated rooms are furnished with modern portuguese furnitures combined with old mahogany cupboard doors. The 2 x 2 m big beds with orthopedic mattresses guarantee recreative sleep. Minibar, water kettle, air conditioning, safe deposit box, SAT-TV and a spacious bathroom with bath tub, toilet, marble wash table, mirror and hairdryer complete the rooms equippment. The private balcony with frontal sea view invites to rest.
The "well-living" philosophy of the house contains:
- all rooms are furnished with high quality furniture
- wood and terracotta floors are hygienic and anti-allergic
- orthopedic mattresses
- anti-allergic bed sheets
- pillow menue
- use of mild, non-harming cleaning products
- furniture made out of regional ressources
- waste separation already in the rooms
- optimised laundry management
- environmental friendly cleaning products
- energy saving lightings
- electronically regulated heating-cooling system
- solar power supply for warm water
Your holiday package includes delicious ayurvedic full board. The food can, whenever the weather allows, be enjoyed on the panoramic terrace.
The exclusive, panasiatic Spa area of the resort covers a surface of 400 qm and is an unique refugium for body, mind and soul, offering indoor pool and several saunas.
Especially nature lovers come to Madeira to enjoy. The islands landscape is very suitable for hikings of all kind. Popular is the so called "Levada hiking"; there you hike along the so called Levadas, the water courses of Madeira, through beautiful landscapes and vinyards, and maybe meet fruit and vegetable farmers in the groves. Wales and dolphins are also often seen along the coast.
How to get there and flight booking
Destinations airport is Funchal. Daily arrival possible.
Flights may as well be booked through us. We investigate the best flight options and offer the latest public tariffs, which can vary throughout the day.
Pick up & drop off from Funchal intl. airport included. The drive to the resort takes about 15 minutes.
The mild gulfstream brings warm water temperatures all year round. Madeira is especially for it's pleasant climate popular. Mild winters and warm summers give the island the name "island of eternal spring". An influence on the weather have the north east trade during the summer time and the west winds during winter time.
INQUIRY / BOOKING
You may also like