Ayurveda at the Hotel Alpino Atlantico
Regeneration & rejuvenation on the bloomy island of Madeira
Ayurveda Centre by Birgit Moukom
It is this special smile that's in your face and does not want to disappear after an Ayurvedic treatment. With its soothing effect, the treatment of Ayurveda will bring you well-being, relaxation and energy. Ayurveda is the oldest existing philosophy of life, and today has the same importance that it had thousands of years ago. Ayurveda is compared with a ritual that sees human beings as a whole. The word Ayurveda is composed of two Sanskrit words - AYUR - "Union of body, mind and soul" and VEDA - "eternal wisdom". With Ayurveda everyone can achieve this holistic balance; massage, herbal treatments, cleansing rituals and a personalized diet, will help you to get a more lasting balance and a more fulfilled life.
Panchakarma Cure - Cleansing
The base of all cures is the cleansing one, also called Panchakarma. It brings an effective and sustainable detoxing, cleansing and regeneration. For a Panchakarma a minimum stay of 14 nights are required.
- Complete anamneses with pulse diagnosis
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Consulting
- Daily therapy plan with specific Ayurvedic massage
- Special treatments (pain relief treatment, weight loss, sleep disorders, etc.)
- Complementary therapies such as acupuncture, physiotherapy, coaching
- Personal and emotional support during the cure
- Lectures, yoga, meditation, cooking lessons, excursions
Enjoy the relaxing, rejuvenating and detoxifying effects of ayurvedic massage, ayurvedic cooking and yoga. The relaxation treatments will give you a new vitality and joy for life. The cure brings relief and stability to stressed nerves. Enjoy a quiet moment in a personal atmosphere, with daily and pleasant oil massages; let the experienced therapists and the excellent ayurveda kitchen spoil you. 7 oder 14 nights.
- 6 x Yoga/Qi Gong in the morning
- 1 x Yogaphilosophy
- 1 x Yoga Nidra / breathing-exercises
- 1 x Basic-Anamnesis (45 minutes)
- 6 x Individual treatment
- 1 x Nutrition and Lifestyle consulting
- 1 x Ayurveda workshop
- 1 x Ayurveda cooking-lesson
- 1 x Meditation
Hotel Alpino Atlantico on the island of Madeira
The Galo Resort Hotel Alpino Atlantico lies directly at the beach, on some little cliffs, overlooking the impressive blue atlantic sea. The airport of Funchal is about 8 km and the next village about 2,5 km away. The resort is located in one of the most beautiful bays of the island. Via staircase or elevator you directly reach the bay, which is protected from strong waves by lava stones. Enjoy a swim in the atlantic with best water quality (all year round between 18 to 24 degrees warm).
All 24 rooms and 3 suites of the Boutique Hotel have ocean view - with a little luck you can even watch dolphins in the bay. Enjoy the soothing sound of the sea and the fresh and clean sea breeze as much as the pleasant tranquillity. The newly renovated rooms are furnished with modern portuguese furnitures combined with old mahogany cupboard doors. The 2 x 2 m big beds with orthopedic mattresses guarantee recreative sleep. Minibar, water kettle, air conditioning, safe deposit box, SAT-TV and a spacious bathroom with bath tub, toilet, marble wash table, mirror and hairdryer complete the rooms equippment. The private balcony with frontal sea view invites to rest.
The "well-living" philosophy of the house contains:
- all rooms are furnished with high quality furniture
- wood and terracotta floors are hygienic and anti-allergic
- orthopedic mattresses
- anti-allergic bed sheets
- pillow menue
- use of mild, non-harming cleaning products
- furniture made out of regional ressources
- waste separation already in the rooms
- optimised laundry management
- environmental friendly cleaning products
- energy saving lightings
- electronically regulated heating-cooling system
- solar power supply for warm water
Your holiday package includes delicious ayurvedic full board. The food can, whenever the weather allows, be enjoyed on the panoramic terrace.
The exclusive, panasiatic Spa area of the resort covers a surface of 400 qm and is an unique refugium for body, mind and soul, offering indoor pool and several saunas.
Especially nature lovers come to Madeira to enjoy. The islands landscape is very suitable for hikings of all kind. Popular is the so called "Levada hiking"; there you hike along the so called Levadas, the water courses of Madeira, through beautiful landscapes and vinyards, and maybe meet fruit and vegetable farmers in the groves. Wales and dolphins are also often seen along the coast.
- Christmas supplement â‚¬ 50,-
- New Year's Eve supplement â‚¬ 90,-
- Easter supplement â‚¬ 40,-
How to get there and flight booking
Destinations airport is Funchal. Daily arrival possible.
Flights may as well be booked through us. We investigate the best flight options and offer the latest public tariffs, which can vary throughout the day.
Pick up & drop off from Funchal intl. airport included. The drive to the resort takes about 15 minutes.
The mild gulfstream brings warm water temperatures all year round. Madeira is especially for it's pleasant climate popular. Mild winters and warm summers give the island the name "island of eternal spring". An influence on the weather have the north east trade during the summer time and the west winds during winter time.
INQUIRY / BOOKING
Ayurveda , Wellness
Portugal - Madeira
all year round
- Accommodation Galo Resort Hotel Alpino Atlantico
- Ayurveda package as booked
- Ayurvedic full board
- Free access to the Spa (400 qm)
- Free participation in daily exercises/activities (according to schedule)
- Pick up / drop off Funchal airport